Volunteering is an easy way to increase your ROI – Return on Involvement
Sign up using the links below on your computer, smartphone, iPad or download the app!
- If you already have an account with SignUp.com (previously Volunteer Spot), you will be able to login and sign up directly.
- If you are new to SignUp.com, you will need to sign up for a free account with your name, email address and password only. You will then receive reminder emails about your assignments one week before your scheduled slot.
- Below is a list of volunteer areas and positions. Select which area you would like to volunteer for at Marketplace. Click on the SignUp.com link for that area.
- Once you determine which area, select when you would like to volunteer. Refer to the Marketplace schedule and your Marketplace Passport for your appointment sessions, special events, etc.
- Use the calendar list of dates for the various times/positions to find your match. Under each slot there is the position title, the type of delegate eligible for the position, number of volunteers needed and the specific location of the assignment.
- Click on the orange “SignUp.com” button to secure your assignment. You can have your volunteer assignment automatically placed on your Outlook or other calendars.
To make any changes to your volunteer assignment, you can log into SignUp.com and make any changes.
Thank you for your willingness to help make Marketplace a success!
Sponsored by Boston Duck Tours
Volunteer of the Day Program
Each day of Marketplace a “Volunteer of the Day” will be selected. For every volunteer shift, volunteers are encouraged to fill out a raffle ticket. Each day one will be selected to receive the prize of $150 gift card.
Volunteer of the Week Award
At the end of the Marketplace week a “Volunteer of the Week” will be selected from the remaining raffle tickets completed by volunteers for every shift. The prize is a $250 gift card.
Education Breakout Sessions
The Education Seminars volunteer positions are:
Subcommittee Member Position
Assist delegates in finding their education room and answer basic questions regarding the schedule. Subcommittee Member Position
Works with Captain to determine education rooms in need of additional assistance.
Monitor the seminars, introduce the speaker, distribute seminar materials, and collect/tally evaluations. Check out the list of Education Seminars and their session number to sign up for your favorite topic or speaker.
Delegates should sign up to assist in the Foundation booth with fundraising efforts.
Marketplace Advisory Committee
MAC members should sign up to welcome and thank our delegates for attending Marketplace.
Marketplace Service Center
The How-to of Marketplace a great experience for all delegates, including special services for our first-time, STAR delegates.
Service Center Captain
Subcommittee Member Position.
Service Center Floater
Help maintain the flow of the Service Center by assisting with whatever is needed.
Orientation Floor Tour Guide
Conduct Floor Tour through the Marketplace Floor to point out special areas and help the STAR delegate to become familiar with the floor layout and services.
Service Center Greeter
Welcome service center delegates.
Will hold a one-on-one meeting with STAR Delegate to prepare them for all aspects of their Marketplace experience.
Orientation Center Q & A Session Panelist
Delegates representing each segment will participate as a panelist to discuss tips and strategies for a successful Marketplace STAR experience.
Service Center Computers and Supplies
Perfect for the Computer Wiz! Provide assistance to Delegates with online Research Databases.
Supplies On The Go
Provide office supplies at the Business Floor entrance kiosk to assist delegates. (Sunday/Monday/Tuesday only)
Volunteers are needed to welcome delegates and extend our Marketplace hospitality – perfect for the first-time attendee.
Women in Buses Council Booth
WIB Council Members can volunteer at the WIB Booth to share the mission of the council and its services.