Keeping You Safe During ABA’s Marketplace
As we look to the upcoming Marketplace in Grapevine, Texas, we want to assure our attendees that we have your safety and well-being in mind.
We’re monitoring the information being released by the CDC on the status of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and any public health concerns related to travel, mass gatherings and geographic risk assessments. Should any situation change we will issue follow up communications.
We have been in communication with the Gaylord Texan Resort on safety preparations for our group while in Grapevine. The hotel will have hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility, and we will have facemasks available.
COVID Vaccines or a Negative COVID test with 72 hours are Required to Attend Marketplace:
We ask that all attendees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before attending Marketplace. According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
You will need to provide proof of vaccine status to enter the Marketplace venues. ABA is working with a third-party vendor to collect this information (while protecting individual privacy) prior to the meeting. You will receive information on how to upload your documentation beginning in mid-December. Once you upload your documentation you will no longer be asked to do it.
If you are not vaccinated, you will need to provide proof of a negative COVID test administered by a medical professional within 72 hours to enter the Marketplace venues. Home tests will not be accepted.
- If you are picking up your name badge on MONDAY, JANUARY 3 (for FAMs), you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 31.
- If you are picking up your name badge on TUESDAY, JANUARY 4 (for FAMs), you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than SATURDAY, JANUARY 1.
- If you are picking up your name badge on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5 (for FAMs), you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than SUNDAY, JANUARY 2.
- If you are picking up your name badge on THURSDAY, JANUARY 6, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than MONDAY, JANUARY 3.
- If you are picking up your name badge on FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than TUESDAY, JANUARY 4.
- If you are picking up your name badge on SATURDAY, JANUARY 8, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5.
- If you are picking up your name badge on SUNDAY, JANUARY 9, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than THURSDAY, JANUARY 6.
- If you are picking up your name badge on MONDAY, JANUARY 10, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than FRIDAY, JANUARY 7.
- If you are picking up your name badge on TUESDAY, JANUARY 11, you need to test with a medical professional no earlier than SATURDAY, JANUARY 8.
Also, we will require masks at all indoor activities and on Marketplace transportation unless you are actively eating or drinking. If a person has a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, we will require a statement in writing.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VALIDATION OF VACCINE CARD OR NEGATIVE TEST
Scan this QR Code to upload your health and safety document (vaccine card or test result) to be validated. The information is validated by HealthShield/42Chat and is kept securely in their system. ABA will only be notified that your document was validated or not; not which type of document you provided.
THIS MUST BE DONE PRIOR TO RECEIVING YOUR NAME BADGE FOR ACCESS TO ANY MARKETPLACE VENUE.
Each participant must upload their own document through their own mobile device.
Step 1 | Follow the link sent to you via scanning the QR Code below or text “Hi” to 877-398-1065.
Step 2 | Upload your document.
Step 3 | HealthShield/42Chat will review and validate your document.
Step 4 | You will receive a text message regarding the status of your validation within 24-48 hours.
Before attending Marketplace, we ask attendees to be mindful of their personal health status. If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or if you have tested positive, please stay home and contact your healthcare provider immediately. We will issue a full refund to anyone in this situation within 10 days of their hotel arrival date once proof of the positive test has been submitted to ABA.
Attendees should be aware of how to prevent exposure of COVID-19.
Below are the CDC recommendations for prevention:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Masks should completely cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of face without gaps.
- To reduce the risk of being infected with the Delta variant and possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
Here are the COVID recommendations from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
COVID Testing Sites
Availability and locations may change. Check with the testing site prior for the most up-to-date information.
Rapid COVID testing will be available onsite in the Longhorn Registration Desk C.
Friday – Tuesday | 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Cost of testing is the responsibility of the delegate.
Grapevine Drug & RX
1115 W Northwest Hwy Suite H, Grapevine, TX 76051
$100 fee for a rapid covid test. Cost of testing is the responsibility of the delegate. You don’t need an appointment, juts pull into one of their parking spaces, call the number and they will come out to you. Takes about an hour to get result and they can print for you.
2.6 Miles (approx. 6 minutes)