Interested? Access RFP Survey
RFP Deadline | August 6, 2021
The American Bus Association (ABA) is the trade association for the intercity bus industry representing more than 2,500 companies in North America. Members include more than 1000 motorcoach and tour operator companies, as well as 1,500 other organizations representing the travel and tourism industry, and suppliers of bus products and services.
ABA’s Marketplace is the premier, trade-only event for the group travel segment of the motorcoach industry. The nucleus of the convention is sequential business sessions where Buyers and Sellers meet in seven minute, prescheduled appointments to arrange group tours. In addition, Marketplace provides a full educational program consisting of approximately 20 one-hour seminars, requiring the services of professional speakers.
Marketplace 2022 will be the first time our members have been able to meet live since January 2020. The motorcoach and travel industry has been decimated by COVID but is beginning to rebuild. While independent travel is coming back in some areas, group travel is just beginning to rebuild. Our focus on education at Marketplace 2022 will be to provide our members will skills, resources and strategies that they can use to focus on their businesses.
Scope of Work
ABA’s Marketplace education program consists of concurrent one-hour breakout sessions, serving a total seminar attendance of more than 3000 people, with approximately 40-130 attendees per session. We do not offer keynote addresses.
- Dates/Location: Jan. 8-11, 2022, Grapevine, Texas (Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center)
- Requirements: Speaker considerations are based on the ability to provide seminar(s) from the following tracks: business strategies or professional skill development, a speaker is able to produce two to three different seminars.
- Budget Criteria: ABA’s Marketplace education seminar speakers are paid $900-$1200 per seminar, plus speaker lodging at an American Bus Association host hotel, $50 per day for meals and coach-class transportation expenses as applicable in accordance with the American Bus Association speaker contract. The American Bus Association will work with speakers to schedule seminars back-to-back, in a half-day format, or in one day if needed.
- Deposit Monies: A 50% deposit of the speaker fees will be submitted upon receipt of a fully executed signed contract. The balance of the fees will be forwarded following the presentation.
- Speaker Promotion: ABA uses various promotional vehicles to publicize the Marketplace educational curriculum, and exposes featured speakers to more than 2500 ABA member-companies. Promotions may include pre-convention direct mail pieces, webinars, sponsor promotion, website spotlight, ABA publications, the Official Marketplace Program and post-convention pieces/features.
Uniquely, ABA relies closely on the direction and recommendations made by the Marketplace Education Subcommittee in hiring speakers. This Subcommittee identifies seminar topics, reviews speakers and helps to manage this educational curriculum on a volunteer basis. Our Education Subcommittee Chairman or subcommittee members may contact you for additional speaker or topic information. However, please be aware that decisions regarding commitments, contracts and financial arrangements remain the sole discretion and responsibility of the American Bus Association.
July 2021 | ABA to send RFP’s and solicits speaker information for initial consideration.
August 6, 2021 | Speaker proposals and supporting materials due to ABA
August 2021 | The Education Subcommittee will meet to review speaker bios and video links for possible inclusion in the Marketplace education program. Results will be tabulated and the initial curriculum and timetable will be developed.
September 2021| The Education Subcommittee will meet for final selection.
September 2021 | ABA will contact speakers and begin contracting.
Please contact us should you require additional information or further clarification. For background information about our association, visit our website at www.buses.org. Online proposals should include speaker information, seminar topics or outlines, video link and proposed fees. Please complete the online submission survey no later than August 6, 2021. Speaker Bureaus: You can use the link multiple times to submit multiple speakers.