The Spotlight is on DMOs/CVBs at ABA! It’s time for your company to take the stage! Headliners for your destination include:
Amplify Your Sales
The Marketplace business appointment sessions provide you with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with decision-making Tour and Bus Operator Buyers. Showcase what makes your destination group-friendly. Check out this checklist of Operator requested information:
- A map that geographically positions your destination and shows access to major road-ways, attractions, cities and other tour regions or destinations.
- Suggested itineraries for tours including points of interest, attractions and side trips.
- Itineraries should include trip time, mileage and note special information, such as road conditions, restrictions and parking.
- Escort notes/guide speak for accurate tour narration of local points of interest, sights, attractions, customs and history.
- Dates and descriptions of local events, festivals or activities to enhance an Operator’s tour product. Also, highlight value periods/shoulder seasons when tour services are readily available.
- Blockout periods when special events or conventions may cause difficulty in securing services for operating a motorcoach, e.g., Mardi Gras, Rose Bowl, Rodeo Days.
- Knowledge of attractions, restaurants and lodging seeking motorcoach business and able to meet the needs of the Operator and tour passenger. Be able to describe local attractions, operation schedules and fees.
- A reference list of step-on guides and/or receptive operators that serve your area.
- A list of local service facilities for diesel repair, sanitary dump stations, bus wash racks, fuel stations and short/long term bus parking.
- Knowledge of local laws, regulations, ordinances or fees that affect the operation of a motorcoach within your city, state or province.
- Examples of promotional brochures and tour-planning guides that can be sent to the Operator. Multilingual brochures should be available.
- Availability of transparencies, prints, separations, logos, videos or preprinted brochure shells for the Operator’s use in tour promotion.
- Accessibility of cooperative advertising funds to help the tour company promote your destination.
- Information regarding FAM trip opportunities.
- A schedule of media advertising (forecasted 12-18 months) that may motivate a Tour Operator to promote your destination
Marketplace compiles marketing information on each Buyer and Seller company and provides access to this searchable information and recommended matches through our research databases. You will be able to complete a membership and Marketplace online profile as well as upload videos, images and documents to highlight you tour products.
After conducting research, DMOs are able to make appointment requests where they select Buyers they want to meet with during the one-to-one appointments. You will be able to make 75 requests for the 54 possible slots in your appointment schedule. This increases your opportunity to match for an onsite appointment.
DMO Appointments are all day on Sunday, January 13. As the Seller, you will walk from Buyer to Buyer to meet with them based on the schedule you receive on December 15. Learn more about the appointment process here. Remember to pack plenty of business cards and profile sheets!
Relationship building and booked business continues after Marketplace with your follow up.
Rock Your Professional Network
Turn conversations into business relationships at events designed to bring together Buyers and Sellers. These include evening events, networking receptions, tours, all-delegate lunches and one dynamic exhibit floor. Your all-access pass is included with your registration.
Engage in Instrumental Education
ABA 2024 education topics will include something for everyone’s jam! Select from hot topics that with improve your business from 50+ options. No advance sign-up required for delegates and they are FREE to attend!
Hitting the Right Note
Marketplace 2023 delivered on putting delegates in contact with the key Buyers in the industry.
Marketplace 2023 Statistics:
- Number of Operators at Marketplace and Busworld: 876
- Number of Marketplace Buyers/Operators: 360
- Number of Appointment-Taking Buyers: 213
- Number of Suppliers: 1097
- Total Number of Delegates Checked-In: 2618
- Total Number of Delegates Registered: 3019
Number of Buyer Companies at Marketplace 2023 purchasing the Following Types of Products:
Customer Demographics Served
Baby Boomers: 172
The South: 183
The West: 132
Types of Tour Products Interested In
Food Service: 139
Receptives Operators: 87
Sightseeing/Step/Tour Guides: 154
Charter Operator: 95
Niche Groups Served
Bank Groups: 95
Meeting Planners: 83
Performance or Performing Groups: 98
Pet Owners: 20
Sports Teams: 109
Cue the Music
Are you ready for your backstage access to business success? Marketplace hits all of the right notes for your business.