The Spotlight is on Hoteliers/Lodging at ABA! It’s time for your company to take the stage! Headliners for your property include:
Amplify Your Sales
The Marketplace business appointment sessions provide you with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with decision-making Tour and Bus Operator Buyers. Showcase what makes your property group-friendly. Check out this checklist of Operator requested information:
- A map that geographically positions your property and shows access to major roadways, attractions, cities and other tour regions or destinations. Also, be able to describe nearby services, including gift shops, drug stores, restaurants, recreation and emergency medical centers.
- A list of local service facilities for diesel repair, sanitary dump stations, bus wash racks, fuel stations and short/long term bus parking.
- Understanding of how the tour segment fulfills your market mix and revenue goals.
- Knowledge of when (days of the week/season) tours can most easily be accommodated and the number of discounted rooms allotted to the group tour market.
- Ability to block rooms together, handle early and late arrivals/departures.
- Provisions for mass baggage handling, hired security or lifeguards.
- Certainty that a bus will clear any signs, marquees, low trees, entrances and awnings. You must have a motorcoach-accessible area for parking.
- Multi-tiered pricing with net, tour operator rates (forecasted 12-18 months) to entice the Tour Operator’s business.
- Complimentary or special considerations for the escort, driver or group.
- A definitive reservation/deposit/refund policy for tour groups and a billing policy.
- Does the property offer any packages including attractions, special activities or restaurants?
- Dates/descriptions of local events, festivals, or activities to assist an Operator’s tour scheduling.
- Blockout periods when special events or conventions may preclude securing rooms and services. Also, highlight value periods/shoulder seasons when rooms are readily available.
- Capability of handling a large group of people for meal service in either the restaurant or banquet facilities.
- Special menus and pricing with the capability of accommodating dietary requests such as Kosher/modified Kosher, low sodium, low fat or vegetarian.
- Information regarding handicapped-accessible facilities.
- Examples of promotional brochures that can be sent to the Operator.
- Multilingual, Braille or large print menus or multilingual staff are available, if needed.
- Availability of transparencies, prints, separations or logos for the Operator’s use in the tour promotion.
Marketplace compiles marketing information on each Buyer and Seller company and provides access to this searchable information and recommended matches through our research databases. You will be able to complete a membership and Marketplace online profile as well as upload videos, images and documents to highlight you tour products.
After conducting research, Hoteliers are able to make appointment requests where they select Buyers they want to meet with during the one-to-one appointments. You will be able to make 75 requests for the 54 possible slots in your appointment schedule. This increases your opportunity to match for an onsite appointment.
Lodging Appointments are either all day on Monday, January 15 or Tuesday, January 16. Our system divides the Lodging delegates into one of the two days to take appointments along with Attractions. As the Seller, you will walk from Buyer to Buyer to meet with them based on the schedule you receive on December 15. Learn more about the appointment process here. Remember to pack plenty of business cards and profile sheets!
Relationship building and booked business continues after Marketplace with your follow up.
Rock Your Professional Network
Turn conversations into business relationships at events designed to bring together Buyers and Sellers. These include evening events, networking receptions, tours, all-delegate lunches and one dynamic exhibit floor. Your all-access pass is included with your registration.
Engage in Instrumental Education
ABA 2024 education topics will include something for everyone’s jam! Select from hot topics that with improve your business from 50+ options. No advance sign-up required for delegates and they are FREE to attend!
Hitting the Right Note
Marketplace 2023 delivered on putting delegates in contact with the key Buyers in the industry.
Marketplace 2023 Statistics:
- Number of Operators at Marketplace and Busworld: 876
- Number of Marketplace Buyers/Operators: 360
- Number of Appointment-Taking Buyers: 213
- Number of Suppliers: 1097
- Total Number of Delegates Checked-In: 2618
- Total Number of Delegates Registered: 3019
Number of Buyer Companies at Marketplace 2023 purchasing the Following Types of Products:
Customer Demographics Served
Baby Boomers: 172
The South: 183
The West: 132
Types of Tour Products Interested In
Food Service: 139
Receptives Operators: 87
Sightseeing/Step/Tour Guides: 154
Charter Operator: 95
Niche Groups Served
Bank Groups: 95
Meeting Planners: 83
Performance or Performing Groups: 98
Pet Owners: 20
Sports Teams: 109
Cue the Music
Are you ready for your backstage access to business success? Marketplace hits all of the right notes for your business.