The Spotlight is on Attractions at ABA! It’s time for your company to take the stage! Headliners for your attraction includes:
Amplify Your Sales
The Marketplace business appointment sessions provide you with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with decision-making Tour and Bus Operator Buyers. Showcase what makes your property group-friendly. Check out this checklist of Operator requested information:
- A map that geographically positions your attraction and shows access to major roadways, cities and other tour regions, destinations or attractions.
- Certainty that a bus will clear any signs, marquees, low trees, entrances and awnings. You must have a motorcoach-accessible area for parking. Also, have information on barrier-free facilities.
- Operation hours and program schedules for the upcoming 12-18 months.
- Escort notes/guide speak for accurate tour narration of your attraction.
- Information regarding handicapped-accessible facilities.
- Reserved or block seating at park events or programs to allow the tour group to be together. Also, have information on barrier-free facilities.
- Private, “insider” or special interest tours of your facility.
- A designated group entrance to expedite tour movements with a motorcoach-accessible area reserved for bus parking.
- Blockout periods when special events or conventions may preclude a tour from using your attraction. Also, advise the operator of any construction/renovation or traveling exhibits that might affect the tour group’s overall experience.
- Multi-tiered pricing with net, tour operator rates to entice the Tour Operator’s business.
- Complimentary or special considerations for the escort, driver or group.
- A definitive reservation/deposit/refund policy for tour group admissions and a billing policy.
- Examples of promotional brochures that can be sent to the Operator. Multilingual brochures should be available.
- Availability of transparencies, prints, separations, or logos for the Operator’s use in the tour promotion.
Some Special Items for Food Service:
- Capability of handling a large group of people during breakfast, lunch or dinner. Will prospective tours need to be accommodated during non-peak times?
- Capability of handling a large group of people for meal service in either the restaurant or banquet facilities.
- Will the meal be plated or buffet-style?
- Special menus and the capability of accommodating dietary requests such as Kosher/ modified Kosher, low sodium, low fat, or vegetarian.
- Blockout periods when special events or scheduled club meetings may preclude a tour from dining at your restaurant.
- Does your establishment offer any meal packages in conjunction with hotels or attractions?
- Multilingual, Braille or large print menus or multilingual staff are available, if needed.
- Special menus and pricing with the capability of accommodating dietary requests such as Kosher/modified Kosher, low sodium, low fat or vegetarian.
- Number of restrooms.
- Information regarding handicapped-accessible facility.
Marketplace compiles marketing information on each Buyer and Seller company and provides access to this searchable information and recommended matches through our research databases. You will be able to complete a membership and Marketplace online profile as well as upload videos, images and documents to highlight you tour products.
After conducting research, Attractions are able to make appointment requests where they select Buyers they want to meet with during the one-to-one appointments. You will be able to make 75 requests for the 54 possible slots in your appointment schedule. This increases your opportunity to match for an onsite appointment.
Attraction Appointments are either all day on Monday, January 15 or Tuesday, January 16. Our system divides the Attraction delegates into one of the two days to take appointments along with Hoteliers. As the Seller, you will walk from Buyer to Buyer to meet with them based on the schedule you receive on December 15. Learn more about the appointment process here. Remember to pack plenty of business cards and profile sheets!
Relationship building and booked business continues after Marketplace with your follow up.
Rock Your Professional Network
Turn conversations into business relationships at events designed to bring together Buyers and Sellers. These include evening events, networking receptions, tours, all-delegate lunches and one dynamic exhibit floor. Your all-access pass is included with your registration.
Engage in Instrumental Education
ABA 2024 education topics will include something for everyone’s jam! Select from hot topics that with improve your business from 50+ options. No advance sign-up required for delegates and they are FREE to attend!
Hitting the Right Note
Marketplace 2023 delivered on putting delegates in contact with the key Buyers in the industry.
Marketplace 2023 Statistics:
- Number of Operators at Marketplace and Busworld: 876
- Number of Marketplace Buyers/Operators: 360
- Number of Appointment-Taking Buyers: 213
- Number of Suppliers: 1097
- Total Number of Delegates Checked-In: 2618
- Total Number of Delegates Registered: 3019
Number of Buyer Companies at Marketplace 2023 purchasing the Following Types of Products:
Customer Demographics Served
Baby Boomers: 172
The South: 183
The West: 132
Types of Tour Products Interested In
Food Service: 139
Receptives Operators: 87
Sightseeing/Step/Tour Guides: 154
Charter Operator: 95
Niche Groups Served
Bank Groups: 95
Meeting Planners: 83
Performance or Performing Groups: 98
Pet Owners: 20
Sports Teams: 109
Cue the Music
Are you ready for your backstage access to business success? Marketplace hits all of the right notes for your business.