Volunteering is an easy way to increase your ROI – Return on Involvement
Volunteer Sign Ups Will Open on September 25, 2020.
Sign up using the links below on your computer, smartphone, iPad or download the app!
- If you already have an account with SignUp.com (previously Volunteer Spot), you will be able to login and sign up directly.
- If you are new to SignUp.com, you will need to sign up for a free account with your name, email address and password only. You will then receive reminder emails about your assignments one week before your scheduled slot.
- Below is a list of volunteer areas and positions. Select which area you would like to volunteer for at Marketplace. Click on the SignUp.com link for that area.
- Once you determine which area, select when you would like to volunteer. Refer to the Marketplace schedule and your Marketplace Passport for your appointment sessions, special events, etc.
- Use the calendar list of dates for the various times/positions to find your match. Under each slot there is the position title, the type of delegate eligible for the position, number of volunteers needed and the specific location of the assignment.
- Click on the orange “SignUp.com” button to secure your assignment. You can have your volunteer assignment automatically placed on your Outlook or other calendars.
To make any changes to your volunteer assignment, you can log into SignUp.com and make any changes.
Thank you for your willingness to help make Marketplace a success!
Volunteer of the Day Program
Each day of Marketplace a “Volunteer of the Day” will be selected. For every volunteer shift, volunteers are encouraged to fill out a raffle ticket. Each day one will be selected to receive the prize of $150 gift card.
Volunteer of the Week Award
At the end of the Marketplace week a “Volunteer of the Week” will be selected from the remaining raffle tickets completed by volunteers for every shift. The prize is a $250 gift card.
CTIS enrollees and graduates are invited to volunteer at the booth to promote the importance of continuing education within the tour and travel industry through first-hand testimonials. The CTIS volunteer position is:
CTIS Enrollee and Graduate Position
Education Seminar Area
The Education Seminars volunteer positions are:
Subcommittee Member Position
Assist delegates in finding their education room and answer basic questions regarding the schedule. Subcommittee Member Position
Works with Captain to determine education rooms in need of additional assistance.
Monitor the seminars, introduce the speaker, distribute seminar materials, and collect/tally evaluations. Check out the list of Education Seminars and their session number at to sign up for your favorite topic or speaker.
The “How-to of Marketplace” for STAR (first-time) delegates. Volunteers are needed to help guide our STAR delegates to a productive, fun, and profitable Marketplace. The Orientation Center volunteer positions are:Ambassador: One-on-one with STAR delegates to review STAR profile sheets & their personal appointment schedules.
Subcommittee Member Position.
Help maintain the flow of the Orientation Center by assisting with whatever is needed. Subcommittee Member Position.
Floor Tour Guide
Conduct Floor Tour through the Marketplace Floor to point out special areas and help the STAR delegate to become familiar with the floor layout and services.
Welcome STAR delegates.
Orientation Center Q & A Session Panelist
Delegates representing each segment will participate as a panelist to discuss tips and strategies for a successful Marketplace STAR experience.
Volunteers are needed to welcome delegates and extend our Marketplace hospitality – perfect for the first-time attendee. The Registration volunteer position is:
Our state of the art Resource Central contains information about Marketplace Buyers and Sellers. Volunteers are needed to help delegates locate the information they are looking for, and navigate their way through ABA’s exclusive database program. The Resource Central volunteer positions are:
Business Floor Help Desk
Perfect for a Marketplace Veteran or a STAR Delegates wanting to learn everything about Marketplace. Provide assistance to Buyers and Sellers while they are on the Business Floor. (Sunday/Monday/Tuesday only)
Subcommittee Member Position
Perfect for the Computer Wiz! Provide assistance to Delegates with online Research Databases.
Help keep supplies stocked of resources and assist with the Buyer Mailboxes for distributing profile sheets.
Help maintain flow and supplies of Resource Central. Subcommittee Member Position.
Show off your pearly whites! Welcome Delegates to Resource Central.
Marketplace Advisory Committee Members
MAC members should sign up to welcome and thank our delegates for attending Marketplace.
Foundation Board of Governors
FBOG members should sign up to assist in the Foundation booth with information and fundraising efforts.